Last modified: January 22, 2022
This policy describes:
- How we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of our customers and website users ("you").
- Describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.pathtocareer.com (our "Website").
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Privacy laws in Canada generally define "personal information" as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person.
This policy applies only to information we collect, use, or disclose about you:
- On this Website; and
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
PERONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW IT IS COLLECTED
We will collect limited personal information that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, consisting of your email address and the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet.
Your email address is collected when you enter it in order to be notified of the launch of our Website’s services (the “Launch”), or if you email us at any of the email addresses provided on the Website or in this policy.
We provide an opportunity for any user to unsubscribe from our communications by using the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our e-mails.
Additionally, if you choose to correspond with us by email or using the ‘Get in Touch with Us’ feature on the Website, the information you enter, such as your name and the content of your message, will be stored in accordance with this Policy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH COOKIES AND OTHER AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To improve our Website, as described above;
- To present our Website and its contents to you;
- To enable us to notify you of the Launch; and
- To respond to any communications we may receive from you.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our customers and users is among the assets transferred.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Website improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
We may transfer personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this policy to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Website improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential.
We may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country.
By submitting your personal information or engaging with the Website, you consent to this transfer, storage, or processing.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
If you want to review, verify, correct or withdraw consent to the use of your personal information you may also send us email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND CHALLENGING COMPLIANCE